P.S. 5 Calendar
The P.S. 5 Spirit Shop is OPEN! Please use this link to place your orders before October 5th. There is a new ship to home option for your added convenience.
Placement information for Summer Rising 2023 will be sent to families the week of May 12.
Our 2023 Food Service Spring Survey
We would like to provide you with the best food service program possible. Take a quick survey to tell us what you want to eat. Thank you in advance for wanting to make a difference. (Select Student, District 31, School Name/Number is 31R005)Talent Show act submissions are due today, Jan. 30th and Talent Show T-Shirts can be ordered until Feb. 14th.PTA Meeting Feb. 6th at PS 5, beginning at 9:30 AM.Please join our PS 5 Team in raising money for the American Heart Association http://www2.heart.org/goto/PS005HuguenotSchoolStatenIslandNYSeveral people have reached out to us indicating that they missed the deadline to purchase the yearbook. The yearbook company has agreed to re-open the website and allow purchases through February 15th. Please don't miss this extended opportunity! If you have any questions, please reach out to one of us. Thank you!Tracy Tessitore (917) 816-2156Nicole Barone (718) 344-8475
Yearbook reminders Yearbook 2022-2023.docx Yearbook Instructions 22-23.pdf
Spirit Shop is open now until March 9th. Orders will be delivered around March 27th. https://ps5apparel.itemorder.com
Fifth Grade Pie Sale Order form was sent home, please check student backpacks. A copy can also be found on the website on PTA page.
Yearbook information was emailed and sent home, please check your emails & student backpacks.
PS 5 Share a Meal Project with Project Hospitality was emailed home.
Register for our upcoming PTA Meeting on October 13th at 4PM PTA Meeting Registration Link 10-13-22.docx
Picture order form- The student gallery is now active for PRE-PAY orders. Please see instructions below: www.YearbookInnovation.com Click on Order MYPHOTO Enter Keycode (Pre-pay code) : 23PS5UC Please have parents either print the receipt of the online order or write the confirmation number on their order form.
Important letters from Mrs. Arcuri and the SCA regarding when the closure of Deisius St will take effect Street Closing letter.docx dearneighbor5RAddition1 1.doc
Register for our upcoming PTA meeting on September 29th at 4PM PTA Meeting 9-29-22.docx
PS 5 Goes Gold 9/28/22 for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month September fundraiser - Childhood Cancer letter.docx
Start with Hello Week 9/19-9/23 Start With Hello - SEL letter to parents.docx
PS 5 Book Fair 10/6-10/7 PS 5 Scholastic Book Fair
PS 5 Back to School Ferryhawks Event 9/16/22 Ferryhawks Information
Bus Schedule for 2022-23 Bus times and stops for 2022 2023.docx
Operoo Notice Operoo.docx
Notice of digital parent handbook and supply drop off day Letter to Parents June 29th.docx
Morning Care Morning Care Letter
*Order your PS 5 Gear Here https://ps5apparel.itemorder.com(*store closes on 9/20/22)
Links for Parent Resources
P.S. 5’s School Charter- one of the pillars of RULER
P.S. 5 Digital Parent Handbook
Mrs. Arcuri's Messages
District 31 Communications
- The Community Education Council of District 31 would like to invite you and all our D31 and SID75 families to our upcoming Monthly Business and Calendar Meeting for September. The Business meeting begins at 6:30PM and the Calendar Meeting will follow at 7PM. Our meeting is an opportunity to receive reports from your council members, hear updates on District 31 from our Superintendent, and for you to ask questions about and provide feedback on the District's educational progress. We look forward to seeing you there! Register in advance for this meeting: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpdeqtpzgpE9MoDoAdtmrYmgNWOkKYL0xl#/registration After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please find our September Agenda & August Meeting Minutes attached below for your reference. Please note*** If you would like to speak during the Public Speaking session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm on the date of the meeting.
- The summer street event will take place this Saturday, July 29th. FACE will be there supporting this event in partnership. They will provide activities, handouts, swags, and give away books as the focus this fall will be NYC Reads. https://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/pedestrians/summerstreets.shtml
- Monthly CEC31 Business and Calendar Meeting for July July Meeting Flyer.png
- NYC Public Schools Family Update Week of June 12 2023.pdf
- SI Federation of PTA's Delegate Assembly (open to everyone) will be held on; TUESDAY, MAY 30th at 10:00AM
Register in advance for this meeting:https://nycdoe.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUrf-mhpjsjHdwxw5ayO6WRuPQdgfs-afYB After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Free Summer Activities for Kids
- Adult Education Presentation 22-23 UPDATED 2.pptx 2022-23 One Pager.pptx FACE Presentation.pdf
- OFNS Hiring Flyer - No Vaccination 8_5x11.pdf
There is only one day left for parents and guardians to make their voices heard and cast their votes in this year’s Education Council Elections for Staten Island. Become a D31 or D75 voter in SI and vote for CEC, CCHS, & CCSE by Tuesday, May 9th.
You will need to sign in to your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) to vote. If you do not have an account but still want to vote, it’s not too late: sign up now for your NYC Schools Account at schools account. nyc. If you need help signing up for NYCSA, your Parent Coordinator will guide you through the process.
Review the candidate profiles to learn more about who is running for seats on your district and citywide councils.
Voting closes tomorrow, Tuesday, May 9, so don’t wait: sign in to NYCSA and vote today!
- CEC31 Business & Calendar Meeting Invite for May 1st CEC31 May Agenda 2022-23.pdf
- Parent IEP Member Training .pdf
- 2023 Summer Rising Middle School Parent Information Session Flyer.pdf
When: Friday, April 28, at 630 PM
Calling all Middle School families - there are still seats available for rising 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in Summer Rising 2023! Summer Rising has added innovative programs to its enrichment portfolio for middle school grades. Please register for Summer Rising at the following website: nyc.gov/SummerRising Families have until Monday, May 1st, to register their Middle Schoolers for Summer Rising Programming. For questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
These programs aim to provide the following:
Exploring Futures: Middle school sites will develop or add career-connected extensions in the form of Career Exploration Programming and/or Career Exposure Events such as Career Connected Trips, Career Panels & High School Connections.
ESports/Gaming: Minecraft Education Minecraft Education Edition is a game-based learning interactive tool that can be used in grades K-12. Minecraft Education has features built specifically for learning environments to support collaboration, assessment, coding, and more.
Coding: Students can learn coding basics using Scratch and CS First easy to use computer science curriculum.
Mindful Mondays: Every Monday, students can engage in a weekly unit to help explore mindfulness practices to support holistic growth and development.
Project-Based Learning (PBL) & Career-Connected Learning Opportunities: Schools will have options for selecting high-quality PBL units along with career-connected learning & financial literacy resources.
SI Federation of PTA's Delegate Assembly (open to everyone) will be held on MONDAY, APRIL 24th at 10:00AM
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://nycdoe.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAtceGtrzkqG9cuAiz_ONjsotuTsoTO4GpZ After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- March CEC31 Draft Meeting Minutes.pdf
- D31_CCEC_2023 CEC SPANISH Candidate Forum Flyer.pdf D31_CCEC_2023 CEC ENGLISH Candidate Forum Flyer.pdf
Dear District 31,
- STATEN ISLAND HS _CCEC_2023 Citywide Councils ENGLISH Candidate Forum Flyer.pdf STATEN ISLAND HS _CCEC_2023 Citywide Councils SPANISH Candidate Forum Flyer.pdf
The Staten Island High Schools Candidate Forum is the best opportunity to meet the candidates running for the Staten Island seats on CCHS. The borough Presidents’ Council organizes forums in collaboration with the Office of Family and Community Empowerment (FACE). Thank you for your partnership!
For the 2023 elections, all forums will be held on a virtual meeting platform and will begin at 6 PM. This forum is for candidates and for parents voting. Information on Candidate Forums can be found on the DOE website http://www.schools.nyc.gov/Candidate Forums.
Meet the candidates running for a seat!
We look forward to having the Staten Island HS community at this forum and wish all candidates the best of luck in the elections!